Anti-Homeopathy Propaganda Proves False
I heard the Social Skeptic Cabal screaming about how all Homeopathic medicines consist of only infinitesimally diluted placebo formulations. So I decided to check out their assertions. What I found did not match what they claimed to me.
Public Domain medicinals, ones we can all use at low cost or to start a business of our own, kill celebrity SSkeptic big pharma sponsors’ profits, and thwart social oligopolistic agendas. One need not block the use of such remedies, rather simply block the channels which bring them to market shelves in volume efficiently. Homeopathic channels are one such mechanism. This same game is being played out in non-GMO foods and in nutricuticals as well. Same tactics, same fake skepticism, same players, same net outcomes. Client oligopolies in action.
Not a big user or proponent of Homeopathic remedies myself, nonetheless I remain skeptical of the actions & motivations behind the marketing push by the anti-homeopathy flash crowd. Plurality remains on this subject, or in other words, the ‘jury is still out.’ The more James Randi yells, the less I consider him credible. The more I look into the facts, the more I begin to question what is behind this movement.
There are MUCH better arenas demanding skepticism in health and medicine; much better and more effective channels of research avail themselves to one who wants to apply the disciplines of skeptical thought in order to save lives. But no, crushing small companies seems to be fair sport for the self-appointed elite. Could their motivation be money from big drug and pharma targeting monopolistic control of all drug channels? There is ample precedent for this in industry inside of consumer goods and especially pharmaceuticals, so I naturally watch for such corruption. Yes, the establishment of a horizontal monopoly/oligopoly (sole control of channels rather than control of markets) is socialistic, and constitutes corruption. Elitist corruption begins with an agenda and continues through a sleight of hand distraction to a state where lack of competitive accountability produces inflation and reduces quality of life for us all. Corruption and inflation go hand in hand, and you will see a case example regarding the pricing of big drug and pharma medicinals versus the cost effective Umcka OTC (which claims on the box to be Homeopathic) remedy below. I do not know however the true motivation on the part of the anti-homeopathy movement, but I have doubts that it is about human lives.
The Scientific Method demands evidence of the highest integrity from entities which purport to represent science, to back up their inflammatory and extraordinary claims. Good intentions are not enough to validate your pulpit, because what I see in Homeopathy is NOT what they (SSkeptics) tell me Homeopathy is. This bothers me. Misleading people is not an acceptable action in science, even if the ‘scientist’ declares their intent to be honorable because the agenda partially involves a warning about bad practices and dangers. Moreover, on other issues, SSkeptics prove time and again that they cannot be trusted. Their top objective is typically constituted by an agenda and not science; lacking any semblance of individual thought or dissent within highly pluralistic subjects. So why would the case of Homeopathy be any different? What they told me Homeopathy is, sounded very bad indeed. But what I saw in this brief look-see conflicted with what the Cabal has been shouting at me.
If homeopathy is only promoting sugar pills, then yes, this is unethical. But right now the only placebo I have been given has been by James Randi. Now my skeptic hackles have been raised.
Testing SSkeptic Claims
I took a look at one Homeopathic medicine (photo above) I have in my cabinet. I was not even aware that it was Homeopathic when I bought it for a cold last year. But here is the summary of ingredients and the equivalent dose versus established big drug and pharma company drug equivalents. Most of the ingredients as I research them prove to be common ancient treatments, two are deadly toxic in high dose – and the dilutions in this preparation are the SAME dilutions as are used in the big drug and pharma equivalent name brands. So I would NOT recommend James Randi down a whole box of this stuff, as he has a habit of doing. Two of these toxins at these solute ratios would poison him. The SSkeptic Cabal has instructed me that Homeopathy is constituted by three things (Mandatory Bookshelves : See Apologists – they love to be filmed in front of bookshelves):
- (STUFF) – low active levels of toxic antagonist agents which are targeted to produce a counter effect to their macro indications, and
- (DOSAGE) – dilution of active beneficial agents to levels where no molecules of the original agent any longer exist in the formulaic tincture;
- (SUBSTRATE) – all this deposited onto sugar cubes.
But what I found, with this homeopathic remedy, was that none of the Cabal’s contentions were correct. This remedy was actually significant in dose, and employing industry standard medicinals, commonly used for colds. Its substrate was the EXACT SAME THING used by Merck, Glaxo, Roche, Novartis, etc. James Randi was not correct. Why all the acerbic mis-characterizations then?
It’s the 1. SAME DAMN STUFF, 2. SAME DAMN DOSAGE, 3. SAME DAMN COMPOUNDING SUBSTRATE, as the big drug and pharma companies employ.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE? = $8.29 for this medicine, versus $20.99 for the the Big 6 Pharma equivalent – and why? Through an ingredient’s listing on the HPUS, this allows us to manufacture drugs in the public domain more cost effectively (from the FDA guidance on Homeopathic Drugs):
2. Homeopathic Drug: Any drug labeled as being homeopathic which is listed in the *Homeopathic Pharmacopeia of the United States (HPUS), an addendum to it, or its supplements. The potencies of homeopathic drugs are specified in terms of dilution, i.e., 1x (1/10 dilution), 2x (1/100 dilution), etc. Homeopathic drug products must contain diluents commonly used in homeopathic pharmaceutics. Drug products containing homeopathic ingredients in combination with non-homeopathic active ingredients are not homeopathic drug products.
So you can buy these remedies more cost effectively, if you can find the public domain remedy on the shelf, if it has not been removed by cartel activists. The issue resides in the active agents employed, and the revenue stream which can be derived from them. All of these remedies in the Homeopathic product have been used effectively in the public domain since antiquity, but for some reason fell out of favor versus patented private revenue alternatives. Curse that public domain! – it frees people from inflation, control by big socialism, and allows the manufacturing to be done in the domestic footprint, not overseas; and we cannot tolerate any of this under a social approach to medicine! The issue is that, in the public domain, we ALL own these drugs, and are free to use them and compete with business in a free enterprise capital economy. Control of the channels, enforced by funded academic ‘skeptics’ establishes inflation, kills business, enslaves and creates social structure domination in an economy. Oligopolies/monopolies are indistinguishable from socialism.
Just as the music industry attempted to blame Napster and downloading for its monopolistic revenue loss, when in fact the revenue loss was from the unanticipated impact of new employment of permanent media (digital files rather than cassettes and vinyl) rather than perishable media (we no longer had to buy the same songs over and over and over again – and the execs in the industry did not truly understand their business revenue model); we have a case here of an industry seeking to deflect the competitive impact of free market remedies on their horizontal oligopolistic channel control. This remains the lead hypothesis, a. because it can be falsified, and b. the alternative, “homeopathy is evil,” is not even a true hypothesis under the scientific method. And I just falsified it, in one, my first, anecdote. I would suspect that, as I go down the aisle in my local drugstore, every single one of the Homeopathic remedies represents the same situation. HPUS listed drugs being sold at lower cost than their big pharma equivalent and NOT hypo-solutes – as Social Skepticism contends.
Comparison of Homeopathic OTC Purchase to Big Drug Equivalent Dose/Dilution
The ‘science’ studies I have read on Homeopathy, which generally just turn out to be history recitations, and exact duplicates of each other, seem to get all wound up in the notation, as if the notation was evil itself. Just because homeopathy uses a different notation, does not mean that a woo factor should be masked around it, as classic ppm or ml notation can be used to calculate ridiculously small solute ratios just as in homeopathy; there is nothing particularly insidious about X, C, and M style notations.
So what gives here? Now the Cabal wants Walgreen’s to stop selling this OTC remedy. I will buy one of the big drug names for $20.99 next year I guess. I am scratching my head. Why the misinformation? Science is about evidence, falsifiable hypothesis testing, credibility and established trust; not propaganda and hype.
Pseudoscience is the deceptive act of claiming to use or represent the Scientific Method or Science in attaining conclusions, when in fact such contentions are false. Pseudoscience is not a set of beliefs nor an undesirable topic of credulity, contrary to what SSkeptics claim; rather, is an action constituted by errant methodology and pretense.
In my opinion, the Social Skeptic Cabal is using the equivocation over the definition of what is deemed “Homeopathic” as an avenue of opportunity to condemn one extreme definition of Homeopathy and port this condemnation onto the broader public definition of the term, in order to suppress sales of certain medicinals.
Short Term Conclusion: Hypothesis A is the lead candidate. Pseudoscience in action targeting support of oligopolistic drug interests, allied with a SSkeptic social party agenda – Misrepresentation of a knowledge base and the methods used in researching it – passed off as science, by people claiming to BE science, when in fact, no science and no scientific method was used in the process. Gang, let’s get going with at least ONE case of research like I have done here above. But let’s gather actual data and 97% or greater confidence intervals across a Sample (s) of 6% or more on the industry current Federal SKU base (S), not history lessons on 100 years ago and scare taunts about Homeopathy being witchcraft. For this extraordinary claim (all homeopathy is inactive sugar pills), the onus is on YOU to provide more integrity in your science.
February 23, 2011 - Posted by The Ethical Skeptic | Agenda Propaganda, Argument Fallacies, Institutional Mandates, Social Disdain | 10:23, anti-homeopathy, Big Drug, Big Pharma, Homeopathy, homeopathy fraud, homeopathy proof, homeopathy skeptics, James Randi Fraud
No comments yet.
This blogsite rigorously complies with the Fair Use Act (17 U.S.C. § 107)
“Refreshing to the heart of new and weary seekers of truth alike. Some of the most compelling new philosophy of our time. If you claim to be a skeptic and have not read The Ethical Skeptic, you risk sophomoric bandwagon irrelevancy.” -TRB
“TES, I hope you realize the high quality of material you have produced here. Hopefully you will choose a world stage someday and take personal credit for it. The material is that good.” -AOD
There is a pro-science, educated, rational and resolute movement afoot. A movement of conscience on the part of people just like me. Science and Engineering professionals who apply skepticism daily in their STEMM disciplines, but who nonetheless are raising a warning flag of concern. Welcome to my blog. Within its pages, I hope to portray and teach genuine skepticism, or what is called Ethical Skepticism. Indeed, its mission is to promote the wonder of science through a contrast of authentic skeptical discipline, versus its distorted, pseudo-intellectual and socio-politically motivated counterfeit. I am a graduate level science and engineering professional who faithfully participates in man’s quest for knowledge. I lament however its imprisonment by control driven special interests and vigilante bullying from dogmatic social epistemologists such as science communicating journalists, stage magicians, agenda celebrities, psychologists and oligarch, religious and cartel activists. As you survey my blog, hopefully you will encounter things you’ve personally never considered before. Indeed, its mission is to act as a resource guide for their victims and to foster foremost a discerning perspective for us all on the Cabal of pretenders who abuse and control falsely in the name of science.
A series in parts, which defines the philosophy and outlines the tenets and structure of Ethical Skepticism
A compendium of fallacy and corrupted thought commonly employed inside Social Skepticism
The formal and informal fallacy of deceptively promoting one’s self and ideals through pretense of skepticism
It is plurality, and not the simplest explanation, which bears merit in professional research and the actual scientific method
The compulsory set of core religious beliefs misrepresented as skepticism, atheism, free thinking and science
ABOUT SOCIAL SKEPTICISM AND SSKEPTICS
Social Skepticism is a sponsored activist movement which functions as an integral part of the socially engineered mechanisms attempting to dominate human thought, health, welfare and education. This control serving as means to an end, towards subjection of all mankind’s value to mandated totalitarian institutions. Institutions which avert legal exposure by abusing skepticism to serve their goals. Ends formulated by a social elite; however, which stand threatened by innate elements of mankind’s being and background.
An ideologue driven enforcement therefore of a social epistemology crafted to obfuscate mankind’s understanding of such innate elements. Its members practice a form of vigilante bullying, employed in lieu of science to dismiss disliked subjects, persons and evidence before they can ever see the light of scientific day. Seeking to establish as irrefutable truth a core philosophy of material monism, dictating that only specific authorized life physical and energy domains exist. A comprehensive program of enforcement sought accordingly, through rather than the risk of ethical scientific methodology, instead a practice of preemptive methodical cynicism and provisional knowledge which underpins an embargo policy regarding, cultivates ignorance and institutionalizes intimidation surrounding any subject which could ostensibly serve as a pathway to falsify their power enabling illusory religion of Nihilism.
These pretenders typically have never conducted any science themselves, nor do they represent science or scientific thinking.
Social Skeptics falsely identify themselves as ‘skeptics.’ Indeed rather, SSkeptics are self or institutionally appointed Bernaysian engineering activists, posing as rational and logical subject matter authorities enforcing one specific answer in a broad array of pluralistic topics of contention, while at the same time “doubting“ all other potentialities. Far from actually practicing skepticism and abandoning the scientific method when it does not suit their embargo, SSkeptics seek to intimidate scientists and the media, enforce doctrines lacking scientific basis and imperiously pass them to the public as unassailable truth.
We Are Anonymous http://anonhq.com/
Skeptopathy Magazine http://skeptopathy.com/wp/
Hoofnagle the Science Cat https://www.facebook.com/HoofnagleScienceCat/
Debunking Skeptics http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/
Skeptical about Skeptics http://www.skepticalaboutskeptics.org/
Michael Prescott http://michaelprescott.typepad.com/michael_prescotts_blog/
Brian Martin http://www.bmartin.cc/index.html
My Socrates Note http://my-socrates-note.blogspot.com/?m=1
Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/925334447494947/
The Difference Between Ethical and Social Skepticism
Ethical Skepticism is a blend of Empirical and Philosophical Skepticism, the tenets of both of which are vetted as to their efficacy in delivering value and clarity inside man’s knowledge development process. It rejects the abuse of Cartesian Doubt as a racket of a priori simplistic predictive based knowledge, self delusion and Methodical Cynicism. Instead, Ethical Skepticism dictates a mute disposition on any topic which science has not studied or the Ethical Skeptic himself has not studied. Ethical Skepticism petitions for Ockham’s Razor plurality in research when sponsorship has shown adequate necessity, and opposes all efforts to squelch such research.
Ethical Skeptics apply skepticism as one of a set of tools employed inside a life characterized by open curiosity, discipline, observation. They continually investigate in order to ask the right question in accordance with the complete scientific method; not defend the right answer. They bear paramount, the personal and professional ethic of defending the integrity of the knowledge development process. Skepticism is a way of preparing the mind and data sets, in order to accomplish science.
Social Skepticism is false a priori deduction combined with stacked provisional induction used as a masquerade of science method in order to enforce a belief set as constituting science. It is an abuse of Cartesian Doubt as a racket of a priori, simplistic, provisional, risk-ignorant knowledge, self delusion and methodical cynicism. It seeks an embargo of certain aspects of man’s knowledge development process. It rejects Philosophical Skepticism and employs Empirical Skepticism only when its tenets support specific knowledge embargo agendas. Instead of tendering mute disposition on any topic which science has not studied, Social Skepticism corrupts science into methodical cynicism employed to to squelch such research and enforces false interpretations of scientific conclusions to support its embargo goals.
Social Skeptics wear SSkepticism as an identity, apply intimidation and doubt only to subjects they disdain, and enforce an embargo regarding any and all observations or science which might serve to undermine their Cabal authorized ontology. They eschew data collection; instead undertaking social activism and unethical activity, any means necessary to enforce the ‘right answer’ and secure the power of their sponsor institutions. Social Skeptics abuse skepticism to act in lieu of science, not as subset thereof.
- Follow The Ethical Skeptic on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- No Difference Between Fundamentalism and Pseudoscience
- Ethical Skepticism - Part 8 - The Watchers Must Also Be Watched
- No You are Not an Atheist, You are a Nihilist
- Image: The Tree of Knowledge Obfuscation
- A New Ethic
- The Tree of Knowledge Obfuscation
- Formal vs Informal Fallacy and Their Abuse
- What is Social Skepticism?
- The Five Types of Null Hypothesis Error
- And I Have Touched the Sky: The Appeal to Plenitude Error
- Formal vs Informal Fallacy and Their Abuse
- Poser Science: Proof Gaming
- Discerning Sound from Questionable Science Publication
- The Tower of Wrong: The Art of Professional Lying
- Dear Journalism Schools We Deserve Better Quality Graduates as Aspiring Science Communicators
- The Ten Indicators of Methodical Genocide
- A Word About Polls
- And I Have Touched the Sky: The Appeal to Plenitude Error
- Contrasting Deontological Intelligence with Cultivated Ignorance
- Nurturing the New Mind: The Disruptive Nature of Ethics
- The Warning Indicators of Stacked Provisional Knowledge
- The Seven Features of Great Philosophy
- Spotting the Humpty Numpty
- The Joy of Sleight-of-Hand Manipulation
- Differentiating Scientific Literacy from Social Propaganda
- How Glyphosate Practices Serve to Increase Our Diet Risk Exposure
- Lies of Which I Disabused Myself Along the Way
- Islam, Corruption and Socialism All Relate in Direct Proportion to Human Suffering
- Ethical Skepticism – Part 8 – The Watchers Must Also Be Watched
- What Corporations Do When Bankrupt of Ideas/Ethics
- The Inverse Problem and False Claims to ‘Settled Science’
- Abuse of the Dunning-Kruger Effect
- The War Against Supplements Continues to Revel in Harmful Pseudoscience
- Ethical Skepticism – Part 7 – The Unexpected Virtue of Allow-For Thinking
- Never Never Land: The Folly of Pretense Concerning Our Cerebral Injury Children
- The Skeptic’s Guide to Dismissing Public Claims of Illnesses
- Foundation Works on Ethical Skepticism
- Deception Through Abuse of the Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc Fallacy
- Major Flaws Within the Neurodiversity Movement
- When Observation Gives Way to Data-Centric Only Science We All Lose
- When a Social Skeptic Claims to be Evidence Based
- Garbage Skepticism: The Definition
- The Correlation-Causality One-Liner Can Highlight One’s Scientific Illiteracy
- Irish Pennants: The Nature of Flawed versus Sound Definitions
- The Nature of Argument
- The Ethical Skeptic’s Argument Assessment Checklist
- No Promenade in the Savage Dance
- The Kuhn-loss Interplay of Scientific Revolution and Resilience
- The Warning Signs that a Social Epistemology is at Play
- Islam Judaism and Christianity: Time to Remove and Renounce Your Holy Verses Celebrating Violence
- The Celeber Cavilla Fallacy
- Are You a Cynic? You Might be Surprised
- The Best Snake Oil is One You Don’t Even Realize is Being Peddled
- Ethical Skepticism – Part 6 – Say What You Mean and Mean What You Say
- Ten Reasons People No Longer Find Skeptics Credible
- The Seven Steps of How I Recovered my Gut Flora and My Health
- No, I Won’t Back Down
- The Dark Side of SSkepticism: The Richeliean Appeal
- On Being a Young Person Contemplating Joining a Faith
- SSkeptic Weapon Word Top 25
- The Malicious Social Lie called Privilege
- The (Ethical Skeptic) Definition of God
- Deconstructing the Rhetoric around What Constitutes Pseudoscience
- Gaming the Lexicology of Ideas through Neologism
- Popper Demarcation Practice and Malpractice
- The Art of Rhetoric
- How You Persuade Makes All the Difference
- How You Say It Makes All the Difference
- Corber’s Burden of Skepticism and The Omega Hypothesis
- The Burden of Proof (in Gumballs)
- Oh, Those Darned Narcissists
- The Five Types of Null Hypothesis Error
- Wittgenstein Error and Its Faithful Participants
- Rationality is Not What False Skeptics Portray
- The Rising Age of the Cartel: Your Freedoms Were Simply an Experiment
- A Mediocracy in 4.0: Discounting College Acceptance Aptitude Testing is a Grave Error
- Aristotle: Discerning the True Skeptic
- iSkeptic – The Three Laws (and a Fourth)
- Why Sagan is Wrong – The Fake Skeptic Detection Kit
- If the New Religiously Unaffiliated are Not Choosing Atheism, Then Just What are They?
- Diagnostic Habituation Error and Spotting Those Who Fall Its Prey
- Nihilism’s Twisting & Turing Denial of Free Will
- The Deontologically Accurate Basis of the Term: Social Skepticism
- Have You Grown Weary of This? There is a Better Path
- A New Ethic
- Why I Don’t Golf
- The Lifecycle of Fake Skepticism – What’s the Harm?
- The Tree of Knowledge Obfuscation
- An Internet Pre-filtered by Authorized Knowledge is a Mistake
- The Misrepresented and So Called ‘War on Science’
- The Ten EnDamnedments – Where the Moral Arc is Headed
- Yes Skeptics Have a PR Problem – Social Skeptics
- When Consensus is Nothing But Pluralistic Ignorance
- The Sorwert Scale of Fake Skepticism
- The Critical Role of Sponsors in the Scientific Method
- An Official ‘Thank You’ to Science Based Medicine
- No You are Not an Atheist, You are a Nihilist
- Methodical Cynicism: The Lyin’tific Method
- Methodical Cynicism: The Presentation
- Your Self is a Mere Illusion of Neurofunction
- Bad Science Being Bad
- The MiHoDeAL Claim to Knowledge
- Ethical Skepticism – Part 4 – The Panoply of Belief
- Latent Demand for Critical Thinking about Skepticism
- The Urgent Need to Reform the ABCD Seed Cartel Science Around Glyphosate
- Hell Hath No Punishment Like Watching Your Children Suffer
- The Magician’s Rush of Fake Skepticism
Site infoThe Ethical Skeptic
Blog at WordPress.com.