More than simply developing an affinity for their captor, victims of Post Stockholm Syndrome begin to develop or are coerced into a state of amnesia about their being held hostage in the first place. Under such a condition, maintenance of this anosognosia on the part of the hostages becomes the preeminent priority.
Stockholm Syndrome as a social term was first used after four hostages were taken during a 1973 bank robbery in Stockholm, Sweden. The hostages in that prosecution defended their captors after being released and would not agree to testify in court against them. Stockholm syndrome is identified through the affinity that hostages may often develop towards their captors, in contraposition to the fear and disdain which an onlooker might feel towards those same captors.1
The best way to keep a prisoner from escaping is to make sure he never knows he’s in prison.~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
In the case of Post Stockholm Syndrome, victims bear anosognosia as to the reasons behind why they do what they do. Anosognosia is a forgetting about the reality of being captive in the first place. It is an amnesia about our amnesia.
Accordingly, we hold this current social definition of Stockholm Syndrome:
/psychology : human interaction : willful blindness/ : a condition in which hostages develop a psychological alliance with their captors during or after captivity. Emotional bonds may be formed, between captor and captives, during intimate or extensive time together; bonds which however are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims of such captivity.Wikipedia: Stockholm syndrome
Now for a moment, let’s expand the circumstance of captor and hostage under a Stockholm Syndrome such that it encompasses a substantially and sufficiently longer period of time. A circumstance wherein, because of generational turnover, pluralistic ignorance or mental impairment/injury on the part of the hostages, a milieu of amnesia has begun to set in. An amnesia which blends together, both neutral to positive mythological sentiments toward the captors, as well as a comprehensive forgetting of the circumstances of illegitimate captivity in the first place. Such a context broaches what I call Post Stockholm Syndrome.
Post Stockholm Syndrome
/Philosophy : ethics : malevolence/ : a condition wherein Stockholm Syndrome hostages, more than simply developing an affinity for their captor, begin to develop or are coerced into a state of amnesia about their being held hostage in the first place. Under such a condition, maintenance of this anosognosia on the part of the hostages, through information/science embargo, becomes the preeminent priority.
Captor actions enforcing such amnesia under a Post Stockholm Syndrome circumstance may also be falsely spun by the captor as enforcing ‘The Prime Directive’ – especially if the captor has masqueraded illegally in the role as a deity, sexual/breeding/genetic tyrant, slavemaster, governing body or other form of abusive godship over the hostages during its activities as captor.
In such a circumstance of detection risk, one wherein the captor could be held accountable for its malevolent actions by an outside Authority bearing punitive power – concealment of past activity, a lack of captor detectability or apparent presence, along with a pervasive and enforced collective-amnesia on the part of the hostages are all of paramount importance. Means of enforcing this may include:
- Dividing hostages into entertaining and constantly warring factions
- Denial of essential energy, health and development technology, save for that which will maintain firm order and war footing
- Appointing governing authorities among the hostages who are complicit in an information/science embargo, along with the resulting amnesia and conflict
- Developing ‘Samson Option’ destructive devices that can serve to obliterate everything if the captors are detected/threatened by Outsiders
- Supremacy of ignorance and idea embargo, in the name of holy or rational thought
- Development of embargo-compatible pervasive, holy and club-enforced theologies and atheologies concerning the state of the hostages, fully explaining the circumstances in which they find themselves as being either ‘just’ or completely by chance
- Posing captor activities as random events, or those of a higher enlightened being, or as being derived through an ‘unfathomable love’ for the hostages
- Posing captor activities as just desserts for some offense or group/original sin the hostages have been tricked into believing
- Establishing the false mythology that if the captor is displaced and punished/banished, the captives are destined to receive that very same punishment/banishment for their wrongdoings as well
- Inflicting the hostages with shortened lives bearing copious amounts of induced cerebral impairment, substance abuse, unchecked corruption, mandatory labor, disease, starvation and suffering, taxation, tithing, poverty, famine, addiction, social violence, racial hatred, and war – in order to keep their overall mental acuity, effectiveness and awareness low
- Why alleviate such suffering therefore, when it is the ultimate formula for control? Enforcement benefits through more of this, not less
- Captor enjoying all of the above as a type of power, a form of loosh from human suffering used as an intoxicant, or false clout/belonging which may be used as currency/chronic-addictive to purchase allegiance to its scheme.
Such a captor may face the inevitability of having to become ‘one-in-the-same’ or of the same genetic fabric as its hostages, in order to evade eventual enforcement of the penalty of Law upon them for such malevolent actions. In this way, captors hope to circumvent the Law and skillfully confiscate that which they sought through the hostage-taking to begin with.
After all, if the hostages indeed bear the same fate as the captors, why then would outside Authorities hesitate in their intervention at all?
A captive hostage circumstance is always based upon lies – no matter how popular, loving or righteous those lies might be codified – no matter how random, natural or scientific they may be framed.
Just as with mathematics, the ethical skeptic can extend the logical reach and calculus of philosophy, to stand inside theoretical circumstances which are not readily apparent to the average philosopher. Does such a circumstance regarding Post Stockholm Syndrome exist for humanity on Earth today? I do not know the answer to that question from an epistemological standpoint – however, just as with most principles of humanity, while I can’t define its presence, I know when I am in it.
The Ethical Skeptic, “Post Stockholm Syndrome”; The Ethical Skeptic, WordPress, 8 Mar 2020; Web, https://theethicalskeptic.com/?p=44557
- Wikipedia: Stockholm syndrome; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
Just commenting to show that i’m the same person. There is a bit more that i didn’t say though. 1:Timing. The timing shows it’s clearly conspiratorial. COVID started in December, just as the impeachment plans were wrapping up and ended 2 months later. Pandemics almost NEVER happen. There were THREE pandemics in the 20th century. What’s the chance that one just happens to show up right on time to distract the people after impeachment fails and Russiagate falls apart? Pretty much 0%. If it’d been a year earlier, all politicians would’ve had a new focus other than Russiagate and it’d… Read more »
And just to be perfectly clear, I do not believe any of the RussiaGate nonsense, i do believe it was all a hoax foisted on Trump. In other words I am basically 100% certain that Trump was unjustly persecuted for all that for years, and that means i am not saying that this source video i cited is right to say Trump is in on some conspiracy like outlined in the video, even though they did indeed say he was. But too much of the other claims perfectly line up with what is happening with COVID right now for it… Read more »
I’m the same person as TrueSkeptic below, and I know you usually don’t respond to my comments, and maybe sometimes do not bother reading them either because you’re busy. Understandable. I usually comment about mandatory vaccination damage and original ideas i came up with surrounding that which seem important in showing the truth about how official pro vaxxer theories are complete nonsense, or ideas about society and how civilization should clearly be aiming for the end result of some stable steady state civilization in the future while still respecting individual rights and so on. For once, though, I found something… Read more »
I wrote up a second section to that a few days ago but accidentally deleted it with one wrong click. Just goes to show why i should be more careful. I don’t know if you’re reading these as you obviously have lots to do, but the reason I post them is essentially just because if there’s even a 10% chance or so that I actually provide original and useful information and it gets to you, that would make it 100% worth it for me to write this much. On your twitter, you mostly just post COVID graphs, and i don’t… Read more »
I have much to say about this very concise and accurate post which sums up the situation in the world right now, and it is effectively impossible for me to say all the relevant information in one comment. Therefore, assuming you get the time to read them, I’m going one subject at a time. This is not only for your ease of reading but simply to make it easier for others to read if they bother. First of all, I think that as great of a summary as this is, it is essentially reactive in a major sense. This ties… Read more »
Some of these captor tactics remind me strongly of the actions of Asimov’s Foundation to their neighbors. I am re-reading it for the first time in over twenty years and I am not enthused about the autoritarianism I find.