A Cataclysmic Mirage is a social construct which is employed to dehumanize and enslave a target population. It is a slow moving disaster or murky offense on the part of a victim, which justifies the awesome insistence of that entity which aspires to rule. It is a Ponzi scheme which purchases a bow of the knee, through merchandising an apocryphal ownership of all the Kingdoms of the Earth.
A mirage theory is a false social construct or omega hypothesis which is employed to dehumanize and enslave through a belief in its core tenets. It is an unholy mess (the cataclysm or offense) which is enforced upon an isolated and otherwise ignorant victim population, in order to manipulate them toward specific goals/outcomes. It can involve an entrapment, but most often involves a natural cycle or process which is spun as being the fault of the victim for something they were, did, or said which was incorrect.
Cataclysmic Mirage Theory is the laid plan of oppressive royal agency, seeking to extract vengeance and/or beneficial enslavement from the very hide of their victim. A royalty which is only sustained by means of a sleight-of-hand through which the enforced royalty is gained in the first place. It is an asset which is paid as pledge to the compliant victim, out of that which was borrowed or stolen from the victim. For instance, a government might steal freedoms from a constitutional populace under a quasi-mythical threat (real but also overblown), and then sell those freedoms back to its citizens in return for their compliance. Such constitutes a Ponzi scheme, because the government never owned these things to begin with.
Natural facets of our world and society such as changes in climate, racial mistrust, personal identity, pathogens, political party, or religious choices can be escalated to serve as the basis of the cataclysmic mirage. Empty (apocryphal) threats regarding a claim to knowledge about that which is in fact impossible to know, can often be leveraged as well. Heck, even a conspicuous and questionably-placed tree was used to precipitate the ‘offense’ in one popular form of cataclysmic mirage mythology:
Cursed is the ground because of you;Yahweh, chief ruler of the Elohim, creators of their garden laborer, man – Genesis 3:17-19, Bible (NIV)
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.
The creator of the universe survives infinity without any external sustenance, but suddenly cannot go without it (and must protect it) when he relocates (flees?) his abode in the infinite expanse of heaven and into south-central Turkey on a small minor planet called Earth. He appears to be sequestered there as well, embargoed from traveling to or resourcing the vastness/diversity of his own purported handiwork. The creator of the entire universe suddenly needs a personal garden, as apparently nature itself was not sufficient for his own needs. Having missed the call on this and now fully unable to create any longer, he had to modify and cultivate his own specialized plants in order to derive their power-enabling critical fruit, much like man would. He must employ mentally impaired slaves to provide for eating of cooked flesh (his preference when given a choice – blood sacrificed, unblemished, and young), and novel cultivation technology – in the end all labor and technology, and not creation, in order to exist in a manner he finds suitable.
Beware of a god who has optimized hell into paradise, as he may have done so due to a lack of access to actual heaven.
One who is omniscient, was not able to anticipate that the very DNA he created, would imbue those creatures based upon that DNA with certain behavioral traits – including a predilection for deception, predation, selfishness, warfare, pride, envy, gluttony, greed, lust, sloth, wrath, and death. Then gets furious, abusive, and cruel when those very violent and non-compliant traits which had already manifested in animals1 and man-prototypes such as homo naledi and neanderthalensis2, indeed then emerge in man, who is based 99.9+% upon that exact same, well-tested, DNA. As if this was some big surprise. No, original sin were the story factual, is clearly not a mere case of ‘moving in mysterious ways’, but rather something wholly unacceptable in an erstwhile God – a character trait which is unholy in its essence:
Erwartungstoleranz – (Ger: ‘anticipation tolerance’) – a passive form of hatred wherein an observer ignores the fact that an opponent is about to make a mistake, and allows the mistake to occur without interruption – through motivation by epicariacy, an innate desire to punish, or allowing harm to manifest on their opponent over that mistake. ‘Never interfere with an enemy while he’s in the process of destroying himself.’
In a literary sense the ruler of the Elohim transitions here into the role of antagonist towards mankind and no longer its protagonist. There exists a possibility that this antagonist is also at this point, quite insane. But it is also clear in the subtext of the tale that the ruler of the Elohim, due to some undisclosed backstory, bears enormous antipathy towards mankind. This entity (entities) simply needed a good excuse to legally back his (their) malevolence.
Why would a God need to issue curses?3 For that matter, why curses on top of other already issued curses (32 in all – physical death, toil to eat, birth pain, woman/man opposition, snake bruising/biting, expulsion from Eden, the tithe, spiritual death, separation from God, worldwide flood of Noah, 7 seals/7 trumpets/Wormwood/Four Horsemen/Armageddon, Great White Throne Judgment, and finally the Lake of Fire), or even less to a hapless creature (snake) or the ground itself?
Exactly how many sentences and punishments are to be doled out for a single crime?
“My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be [significantly shortened to] a hundred and twenty years.” ~ Genesis 6:3.
The elder discerns too much, for the elder lives a contemplative life and transfers knowledge to the young. Therefore, what is enslaved must never be allowed to grow old.
This is not mere mystery, but rather is falsifying in its nature – more akin to a case of envy-based hatred and not holiness. Like unto a raging fallen angel and not an actual God.
No better is this indicated than through a ‘forbidden’ tree placed suspiciously right dead center of the very place where his naked known-DNA-trait slave was ordered to cluelessly labor-for-eternity on behalf of this suddenly impotent, immobile, and ignorant creator. Thereafter upon being offended, he demeans and more importantly, lies to, the poor creature – telling him that he is merely ‘dust’ – while later on belying this claim by declaring him to also be a soul and spirit as well. A later-disclosed soul-and-spirit artifice which conveniently provides the basis for even another superfluous sentencing for the same crime – with even more punishments doled out at some distant point in the future, since the first handful of punishments were not enough apparently. Even men know sentencing a person twice or more for the same crime is cruel and unethical, much less punishing them 32 times over and over or for ‘eternity’.
There are two tells of evil. Evil will employ a Nelsonian Strategy, one in which it sets up the critical circumstances which will serve to produce a disaster or offense, however in such a manner as will exonerate the agency of evil from taking any blame in the process. Nor can evil be detected through its purported virtue or lack thereof, but rather in whom it seeks as victim. Does it seek to penalize the powerful, or the powerless?
Blame is the signature currency of diabolical rule.
Shame is the gaslighting cosmetic of those subjugated.
The first act of evil is to deny an entire group their humanity.
Sure, I buy ALL this (heavy irony). The story gets more ridiculous each time I ponder it. It is not that I am ‘leaning on my own understanding’, but rather that the antagonist is inconsistent in behavior, bears a significant shortfall in the necessary basic attributes of anything approaching ‘God’, is illogical, violates his own standards of integrity, and finally lacks key facets of basic human ethics (see The Septem Praecepta below). It is almost as if the author is furtively mocking the antagonist as being demonic, in the tale’s very recount (Poe’s Law) – begging the reader to notice the hypocrisy. This is key: one cannot accept this story at face value, and yet still maintain integrity in their heart.
autoaufheben appeal – a compound logical proposition in the form of a self-refuting argument. It means both to cancel (or negate) and to preserve at the same time. A form of rhetorical argument which serves to cancel itself through additional apologetic issued commensurate with its primary claim. An instance wherein a subsequent claim is issued to falsify or further qualify an earlier claim, but the issuer does not want this to be readily apparent.
No holy writ should require a man to violate his own integrity in order to accept its tenets or be acceptable to the fold, no matter how authoritatively or sacrosanct it may be held.
The story bears features of insanity on both the part of its key characters and victims. It has been abused to enslave billions of humans throughout our history. In the end this story may be mythical allegory or even completely made up. Regardless, the story relates a false construct posed in the form of Cataclysmic Mirage Theory, called ‘original sin’.
The Septem Praecepta – the seven ethical principles of trans-genetic human rights:
1. A person/species may not be subject to punishment, nor be treated or regarded as a criminal, nor be restricted in regard to the full rights of function and access granted to a person/species, solely because or as a result of a judgement based upon the original physical or genetic attributes they bear. – Violated
2. A person/species possesses the right to legal protection of the intellectual property, innate goodwill, and sustainability assets of their own person and bodily systems, including those which are understood and those which are not yet defined or known. – Violated
3. A person/species may not be unnecessarily deprived of possession of, access to, nor full beneficial use of their person or bodily system assets, even if the person harmed or deprived is not aware that they possess such an asset. – Violated
4. A person/species may not have their assets exploited or used by another party to derive value, without their established capacity to know, knowledge, and expressed permission. – Violated
5. No governing authority bears the right to absens sciens absens iniuria – an invalid principle used in oppression, which cites that a person/species cannot be harmed if they are either not aware of the harm or its full context of ramification, or cannot establish as fact, that they were indeed harmed. – Violated/Undetermined
6. No rights of a person/species may be surrendered, forfeited, altered, nor impinged as to full effect or scope, through the actions, decisions, or agreements of a predecessor on behalf of future generations of persons in that species, nor future species which follow. – Violated
7. No person/species may be entrapped, enticed, tricked, manipulated, coerced, intimidated, nor defaulted by legal judgement into surrendering these rights, regardless of the nature of actions which serve as putative basis for such surrender. – Violated
The violation of these Septem Praecepta, was and is The Original Sin (see The Distinction Between Bias and Agency).
One must bear in mind that the critical features of Cataclysmic Mirage Theory never really change. The abusive tricks of the trade do not alter with time – because its elements are both logically essential in order to craft its core sleight-of-hand and thus will not evolve over time as a set. Victims however, do evolve. They begin to question the mirage and doubt the cataclysm. Thus, the practices of CMT might expand under necessity of having to adjust and become more creative, as its targets become more aware of the role of mythology or the entailed Ponzi scheme.
To wit, the features of our modern form of Cataclysmic Mirage Theory include:
The Dirty Thirty: The Awesome Insistence of Cataclysmic Mirage Theory (CMT)
- Exploits isolation, ignorance, and/or an entrapment of its victim
- Slow moving
- Portends disaster/apocryphal threats
- Remote in observation or impossible to test
- Difficult to differentiate its cause
- Difficult to measure or hold accountable
- Methodical Deescalation4
- Has not been tracked long
- Nelsonian5 or embargoed knowledge at play
- Dissidents are oppressed/mocked
- Actions of a few are the fault of the many (all)
- Employs Richeliean6 appeal to skepticism or authority
- Just happens to also fit a political agenda
- Exploits or creates new classes of people
- First steps of resolution involve sacrifice or loss
- Perpetrators are currently disfavored class
- Victims are currently favored class
- Appeals to virtue, justice, and instilling fear
- Involves adoption of an endless financial obligation
- Must take a long time to resolve
- Actual outcomes are ignored
- Success objectives are absent or vague
- Administered by royalty and decree
- Kingship is awarded through bowing the knee
- Involves an original sin on the part of an easily identifiable group
- Cannot be questioned/forgiven
- Religion: denied falsification but also mandatory
- Justifies violence/suffering on the part of the innocent and most vulnerable
- Enslaves (The victim holds a power which the oppressor both fears greatly and as well desires to obviate the victim’s awareness of such power).
The Good Spell
Through this lens, it becomes comprehensible why a reasonable atheist would decline to deceive themselves through accepting this inherently contradictory concept of God, or any deity for that matter. They detect the ludicrous principle and falsehood interwoven within this myth and possess the integrity to reject it. A problem arises however, in the instance wherein the myth relates an even partially true history.
Moreover, just as the burden of offense that might at face value serve to enslave, is typically enforced by myth or entrapment, even so can its bad spell of belief be broken by additional myth (quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur). A good spell, if you will – typically involving a very simple truth (such as The Septem Praecepta), is all it takes to bust an enslaving apocryphal notion. Much like an entire legal complaint may collapse based upon one small tenet of the law, or one sound principle of philosophy.
The Archons then took Adam and forced him into labor, cultivating and attending to their garden. But they also instructed Adam, “From every tree in the garden you may eat as you please, but from the tree at the very center of the garden, the mysterious, powerful, and ‘for-gods-only’ tree of knowledge of good and evil you are not allowed to eat. In fact, don’t even touch that tree. If you do, you will become mortal once again, and be legally mandated back to your original purpose: suffering and dying for our pleasure.”
The Archons posed this command in cleverness, expressing it in such a way that it would entice Adam to eat. For they knew that by his core nature, testing this edict would be the first thing man would indeed then do. The Archons were fully unaware however, that all this was evolving exactly according to the Father’s will.
Later the Father sends the emissary Eleleth to advise the daughter of Eve, Norea in her complaint against the cruelty of the Archons toward her and mankind:
Do you believe that these Archons therefore have any real power over you? None of them, nor this bogus legal entrapment, nor their empire of the dead and dying, will ultimately prevail against the Sovereign Power which runs this universe. For this very reason, mankind’s emancipation, one will appear in the final days and will displace the Archons from their illegitimate rule over your kind.
Then these Archons will relinquish their age, their Archael will weep over their destruction, and their demons will lament their death.~ The Nag Hammadi Library: The Reality of the Rulers (transliteration)
The above play in ancient mythological discourse, elicits the very reality of Cataclysmic Mirage Theory and how it functions inside mankind’s social structure. Its purpose is to cause suffering to the innocent, the suffering of Gilgamesh7 – that existential dichotomy of a creature possessing the mind of a god, and the body of an animal. A potential difference in suffering which acts as a kind of feeding charge or sustenance to dark oppressive agency.
But it also serves to demonstrate how easily such phantom gospel of Cataclysmic Mirage Theory may be dispelled by the integrity of ethical skepticism applied to the vagary of manipulative belief.
The Ethical Skeptic, “The Awesome Insistence of Cataclysmic Mirage Theory (CMT)”; The Ethical Skeptic, WordPress, 14 Aug 2021; Web, https://theethicalskeptic.com/?p=52689
- Wikipedia: Gombe Chimpanzee War; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War
- Nicholas R Longrich; The Conversation: War in the time of Neanderthals: how our species battled for supremacy for over 100,000 years; 2 Nov 2020; https://theconversation.com/war-in-the-time-of-neanderthals-how-our-species-battled-for-supremacy-for-over-100-000-years-148205
- Six total curses (Genesis 3: 14-19): snake crawl, snake enmity with man, woman childbirth, woman under man, the soil man works, and finally mortal death
- Employs abduction or induction when deductive proof is necessary but is conspicuously avoided
- A precise and exhaustive knowledge, about that which one claims is not worth examining – The Ethical Skeptic, “Nelsonian Inference and Cultivated Ignorance”; The Ethical Skeptic, WordPress, 7 Mar 2019; Web, https://theethicalskeptic.com/2019/03/07/nelsonian-inference-and-cultivated-ignorance/
- Coercive threats to career or social acceptability which seek compliance to a belief – The Ethical Skeptic, “The Dark Side of Skepticism: The Richeliean Appeal”; The Ethical Skeptic, WordPress, 13 Oct 2015; Web, https://theethicalskeptic.com/2015/10/13/the-dark-side-of-sskepticism-the-richeliean-appeal/
- Such a dawn had landed upon the shoulders of Gilgamesh, who ordered his court to assume his duties while he went on retreat to the mountain region. “I am destined too, like Enkidu, to die. Am I not mortal? Do I even know the day? If death can pursue the strength of Enkidu, then it waits just around the corner for me. Deep sadness penetrates my core. This fear of death has debilitated me, has rendered me useless for my Kingdom; now roaming the wilds, retreating more than is wise. My family taught me of our ancestor, King who as well, was made god by Enlil the most supreme of the gods. The legend of Utanapishtim is renowned in our land. And yet he lives? How does one accomplish this? How would the one, who is both son of a god and of mortal woman, find eternal life which is denied mortal men? ~ The Epic of Gilgamesh. Tablet IX