Virtue-based decisions and actions never feature unintended consequences.
To the Pollyanna, actions involving dissent and standing in the gap on human rights, in defense of the vulnerable – is ‘negativity’. Negativity, in truth is expressed through an abuse of those closest to you, their lack of care and being loved, or their absence made necessary by such abuse. Negativity has nothing to do with how one opposes oppression – especially oppression in the name of science.
The actual presiding wisdom of today’s science applied in the public interest is outlined below. More people in power follow this set of Laws than we realize. This is a form of passive-aggressive but extreme candy-coated negativity.
Pollyanna’s Laws of Science
- There are the good people, and there are the bad people. Everyone knows who the bad people are.
- Correct scientists study correct things. Peer review confirms how correct they are.
- If it’s published in a journal, then everything it even hints at is automatically correct.
- Credential comprises sitting in class for 3 extra years and being the most correct among your peers.
- Science-based decisions and actions never feature unintended consequences.
- All bad outcomes are the result of the actions, thinking, or existence of the bad conspiracy theorists.
- Buzzwords, catch-phrases, virtue-signaling – these demonstrate critical thinking and science.
- Disinformation regarding The Science must be addressed through social patrols and denial of conditionally-granted life privileges to those who dissent.
The Ethical Skeptic, “Pollyanna’s Laws of Science”; The Ethical Skeptic, WordPress, 30 Mar 2022; Web, https://theethicalskeptic.com/?p=64742