An Official ‘Thank You’ to Science Based Medicine
Rookem’s Razor: All things being equal the most expensive explanation tends to be the correct one
WARNING: The following testimonial constitutes an ‘anecdote’ and cites a resolution based upon actual patient input to doctors. When you have gotten up off the floor after fainting from the horrific pseudoscience of it all, simply click your heels three times and repeat over and over “The plural of anecdote is not data” and it will be all better.
I wasted an entire year and a half and $16,300 pursuing the approach Science Based Medicine might prefer for a malady which my Integrative Medicine Practitioner resolved in one appointment, $200 and by means of a supplement. Which now is quackery indeed? I am now in doubt. Patient success experience or revenue goal oriented scripted shotgun testing? Well let’s hold on that conclusion.
One thing that I do know is that, were I to practice the Big Healthcare method on the left (chart at bottom) in my labs, I would be committing lab fraud in order to bilk my clients out of artificially prolonged revenue through fake science (see The Seven Forms of Lab Fraud). In Science Based Medicine however, fraud only applies to outsiders, and is mis-defined as anything that does not revenue serve their cronies, any competing business or anything else they decide that they do not like.
Rest assured, Science Based Medicine is not promoting their view of medical care as a smart option for your consideration. Their apparent heading is one of supporting the elimination of your choices and control over your own health, independent of the secure revenue pathways for big pharma, big healthcare and their oligarchy cronies profiting from both.
My whole complaint was resolved by one simple supplement. Imagine that.
It is a scam, and a crime of fraud, that I could not have been instructed about this supplement two decades ago. Why? Because hinting that a supplement might help my flank pain might ‘constitute claims of cures or treatments.’ This is how a mafia works. As a result of our sounds-good-on-paper ‘science’ millions of Americans suffer needlessly, and moreover are being held hostage and bilked out of tax and critical household budget dollars to the tune of $23,000 a year and dramatically upwards, to fund a social scam in medicine. Let’s examine how this fraud, actively promoted by Social Skepticism, works.
Yes, indeed I wanted to send out a heartfelt ‘thank you’ to the Science Based Medicine crowd today. Before I do that however, let me relate the Odyssey the science gods tasked me with in my search to resolve increasingly severe lower left quadrant pain. You see over the last two years I have been experiencing recurrent lower left quadrant pain, commensurate with a whole host of other partially debilitating symptoms; none the least of which included facial sores, dizziness, ear ringing, anxiety, hair color dimming, weakness in my workouts, cold sweats, mental fog. I speak often as part of my living in support of my businesses and those subjects inside which I carry a passion. Anything which negatively affects my pneumogastric nerve and central nervous system is an unwelcome life contributor. Of course this greatly distressed me so I went, in 2013, to my General Practitioner with my complaint. We followed the Big Healthcare, Big Pharma, script, much of which agrees with the SBM doctrine:
- All knowledge must be science based only !! and remember, we ARE the science!! Da-dum!! (orchestral bravado…)
- The plural of anecdote is not data !! (requisite one liner … more orchestral bravado) – and of course if I petition for sufferer rights, I surely must also believe in homeopathy and acupuncture, am anti-vaccine and must be a Fox News viewer.
- All advising physicians must be Science Based Medicine approved only (ie. full cost doctors and 5 specialists and 3 week waits for each) – no integrative medicine, or channel of lower cost expertise is allowable. And if you refer to an internet sufferer forum, you are a gullible promoter of pseudoscience.
- The SBM approved ‘scientific method’ must be followed: Assume people are wrong based simply on who they are, assume whole classes of treatments are wrong because you smack a label on them, ask revenue-based questions, test like hell for everything like shooting in the dark, and start with the big expensive stuff first, motivated by scaring the patient right off the bat that they have cancer. Of course, perform no intelligence or market investigation so that you would know that IBS is skyrocketing right now. Never EVER speak with an actual sufferer. Staunchly deny that anything new is happening with American health. Fall prey to Diagnostician’s Error. Nor do a patient background or complete symptom survey to look for past related maladies. After all, Big Healthcare has money to be made here. Why waste time looking for more sane and reasoned conclusions? Right? “Occam’s Razor” only applies to bigfoot and UFO’s, right? Meet you for golf at the club later with that pharmaceutical sales chick *wink. I’ll show you my new BMW 7 series
- Only symptom treatments are allowed, as finding underlying causes tends to open up a whole can of worms SBM does not want to broach
- No supplements are allowed as they are all quackery – besides you might die (OMG OMG OMG!!!) from the lack of control on mode, form, substrate, dose, and active ingredient purity. We are here to save lives after all.
- No communication to me, as patient, is allowed which might hint that a substance could alleviate a symptom or help resolve a cause. It is critical that I stay ignorant.
- Big Medicine, Big Healthcare, Big Pharma and SBM controlled healthcare cost loaded solutions (quadruple cost) are the only ones authorized
- No input from fellow sufferers is allowed (whip out the unquestioned MiHoDeAL Claim and feel all ‘sciencey;’ like you just improved the world with righteous denial brilliance)
Well sadly, after 26 weeks, nothing worked. I was told that I “must have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).” This is the pandemic set of symptoms from which an alarmingly increasing number of people suffer; one in which we have no idea what even causes it. Of course my pain simply comes from “an increase in awareness” as well, for we have to remember that when Science Based Medicine puts out a claim, it does not have to be justified – simply promulgated to the masses unquestioned (see Appeal to Skepticism Fallacy). IBS is the diagnosis of last resort after all the money avenues have been exhausted. Now I must learn to live with my IBS, ‘cuz there is no cure. It is simply the ‘luck of the draw’ genetically. Nothing in the environment causes it, certainly not glyphosate, and nothing you can do about it. Your pain, slight fever, dizziness, and mental fog are all from panic attacks! Yes that is it, our favored conclusive hypothesis is one which cannot be tested for falsification! Yay! Plenty of predictive science to suggest this – and stands as imperative proof that you are just weird – we are done! Yay for Science!
I was told to start to meditate and learn to control your ‘triggers,’ and ‘episodes,’ as a good portion of this is psychological and really, your fault anyway, for worrying too much. Cut down on sugar, coffee, fast food and soft drinks, and exercise more. Oh? You run 4 miles a day now and don’t do any of these things? Well, meditate more and take these two new prescriptions. An antispasmodic for your pain, and a relaxer to stop your panic attacks and over worrying. These two are a mere $92 a month more on top of your other medical costs. A drop in the bucket really.
This year, when it started flaring up again, I went to my Integrative Medicine Practitioner this time. She said: “This sounds an awful lot like stomach HCL insufficiency and dysbiosis. There is increasing evidence from the public that glyphosate is causing intestinal microbe imbalances that lead to dysbiosis and finally IBS. I used to get 3 patients a week with dysbiosis back 20 years ago. Now I get 8 patients or more per day. It is my number one patient challenge. In addition, you had h. pylori after one of your Far East projects, and it can wreak havoc in your stomach’s acid production. Your digestive system is possibly not putting out enough hydrochloric acid and enzyme base. As a result your undigested food is putrefying¹ in your small intestine and causing a whole host of dysbiosis symptoms, (my spell checker does not even recognize the words ‘dysbiosis’ or ‘SIBO’ despite its presence as a pandemic in the US population – see chart below) auto-immune, food-sensitivity reactions and pain from that point on in your gastrointestinal tract. Let’s try this first and see how it works: Get an HCL/Betaine/Enzyme supplement and make sure you take 1000 – 2000 mg with each meal.”
Just as a note, because of the enormous amount of interest in this post, I take a supplement containing the following: dicalcium phosphate, pancreatin 4X, betaine HCL, amylase, protease, pepsin, papain, oxbile, lipase, bromelain, cellulase
Oh my GAWD, my Holistic/Integrative Practitioner recommended a supplement! Oh the quackery!! Let the FDA Letters fly! People are dying! Big Pharma Skeptics rescue us!
We needed real skeptics back in 1991 when our food base was planned to be changed dramatically – unfortunately all we got was this cadre of goofball science pretenders who betrayed our consumer health base. That is why I am speaking up.
When Social Skepticism ignores skyrocketing public health and human rights concerns such as SIBO, and the proliferating list of auto-immune generated maladies stemming from our food, in favor of chasing supplements on behalf of Big Pharma regulation – this activity is not simply pseudo-science or social epistemology, it is called more specifically a technical term: criminal fraud.
Wow, after two years of misery and health degradation, problem solved. All symptoms are abated and even my hair color is growing robust again. But I am so much more educated you know? And I have Science Based Medicine to thank for that education. I made a decision in accordance with their philosophy which obtained for me a $16,300 education (that because of skyrocketing MooP/deductible costs, on top of the $23,000 we all pay each year already for the health scam). This misadventure alone tallied to 1/5th of the cost of my graduate degree! So I had to learn something, right?! Otherwise I would have never experienced the educational menagerie of things you can do, when you have lots of tools, billable pathways and rote formulas at hand, but don’t have a clue what you are doing.
My Holistic/Integrative Practitioner ended up solving it. And do you know how she gained this research intelligence about the solution? Patient Input! Oh the plural anecdote of it all!
Were I to practice the method on the left of the 2013 to 2014 comparative chart (above right) in my labs, I would be committing lab fraud in order to bilk my clients out of artificially prolonged revenue through fake science. Yes, I own and have owned several science research and application development labs through the years. In those operations, I could never ethically perform the list on the left under REAL science.
Oh, and one small note: If you have an entry in your records, even one instance that you were referred to one of the specialists on the left in the chart above, and you DID NOT follow the doc’s referral, then you will be declined for health insurance when you apply later in life – say 20 years later – even if you are fine now. I know this from experience having managed several company health insurance plans for my employees. The Health and Pharma industry just cannot seem to get your history of records readily available to the doctors for your health needs, like my doctor could not look up the fact that I had h. pylori in my history, that might have saved me lots of money in this case. But the industry can sure make a DETAILED history of your health decisions readily available for the insurance companies – off of which to identify a non-compliant action on your part, in order to extort money from you.
¹ “Prebiotics, Probiotics and Synbiotics help int reducing the concentration of cancer-promoting enzymes and/or putrefactive (bacterial) metabolites in the gut.” Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol. 2008;111:1-66. doi: 10.1007/10_2008_097. Probiotics, prebiotics, and synbiotics. de Vrese M1, Schrezenmeir J. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18461293