Things which my family learned to keep on hand in case of severe Covid-19, especially if your genome includes the homozygous variant of the MTHFR C677T gene.
I am well into my third bout with Covid-19 now. A mere three months after recovering from the Delta variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, I am sick again. As of this writing, I have a 99.5o fever, a touch of fatigue, and head cold symptoms – all consistent with the Omicron variant of the same virus. As well, an immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibody blood test in mid-2021 showed that I had undergone an exposure to Covid-19 well prior to either of these cases. Since I was monitored for Covid-19 constantly all through 2020 and early 2021 as a requirement of the efforts I supported at that time, then this first run-in with Covid had to have occurred prior to January 2020. But that is the subject of another article entirely.
12/31/21: An an anecdotal note, I noticed a curious effect resulting from my bout with Omicron. After Delta, my normal doctor-diagnosed allergies to mold and ragweed pollen were amplified – resulting in the worst fall-into-winter allergy season I have ever had. As soon as I developed the first fever of Omicron (99.5 degrees off and on throughout), my allergies which had been incessant since my recovery from Delta, completely disappeared. I have recovered from Omicron after 4 days, but the allergies I had for three full months have not come back. Omicron served to adjust my immune system in some positive fashion as it relates to the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
My household family, as well as 13 members of extended family in other nearby households, experienced a struggle with the Delta variant of Covid this July through September of 2021. Through this process, in coordination with a variety of supporting doctors and medical professionals, I have become a student of how the virus works along with its array of symptomatic challenges. Upon arrival of yet another Covid outbreak in our area, this time we were ready.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is primarily dangerous to our elder folks, those who suffer from metabolic disorders, or who possess the C677T homozygous (rs1801133 A/A) MTHFR mutation.1 2 Why? Because this is a malady of the blood and endothelial system – and those who suffer from red blood cell anemia, mitochondrial dysfunction, and metabolic compromises (all related to the MTHFR mutation as well) are more vulnerable to Covid-19 pathogenesis. One can be in good shape, working hard daily to keep their metabolic disorder from impacting their quality of life – but that in no way means that Covid cannot exploit that disorder.
Endothelial dysfunction, microvascular inflammation, oxidative stress, and coagulopathy (blood clotting) play the central role in most COVID pathogenesis.~ Fodor, Adriana et al. “Endothelial Dysfunction, Inflammation, and Oxidative Stress in COVID-19-Mechanisms and Therapeutic Targets.” Oxidative medicine and cellular longevity vol. 2021 8671713. 21 Aug. 2021
Therefore those things which treat endothelial inflammation and serve to mitigate blood coagulation are essential tools in countering Covid-19. As a result of what my family learned through this hard process, I present for your consideration our Covid Kit inventory.
The reason one should keep this kit on hand is because the prevailing medical wisdom regarding Covid-19 is to administer treatment protocols only when a person is about to die, and only in a hospital setting – which is often too late. The following protocols however should still be conducted only under your doctor’s advisement and care. He or she may see fit to modify or add to this protocol based upon your specific medical needs. That being said, this kit loosely follows the Zelenko Protocol, with some add-ins from our own experience and discussions with our medical professionals. Given that Omicron is turning out to be a much weaker form of Covid for us, I am not using all of the below items right now of course, saving the hardest-to-get for another Delta-like outbreak.
Nonetheless, those items which we found essential for the Delta variant are in bold below, and those which require a prescription in the U.S. (and in several cases can be bought over-the-counter in the rest of the world) are in red. Of those, if the illness is severe, the red bold ones are the priority. If you are MTHFR homozygous (rs1801133 A/A) C677T, then this virus is designed for you. You will need the special protocol as modified or marked as a preference in blue herein as well.
We begin with the most important items:
- Ivermectin, 6 mg, 2x / day, 12 days from first major symptoms
- Eliquis, 5 mg, 2x / day, from first symptoms for 60 days – (note: if MTHFR homozygous (A/A) C677T 4x / day for 30 days, then 2x / day for another 30 days). In absence of Eliquis – Nattokinase, or Serrapeptase, or a mix of ginko-biloba, curcumin, and piperine.
- Zinc Suflate, 15 mg, 2x / day, for 90 days from first symptom
- Niacin (flush), 500 mg, 1x / day, from first symptoms to 60 days after illness
- Vitamin D3, 10,000 IU, 1x / day, for 90 days from first symptom
- Quercetin, 800 mg, 2x / day, for 90 days from first symptom
Following these, also important are (in no particular order):
- Azithromycin, 500 mg, 1x / day, 5 days from first lung congestion
- Diphenhydramine, 25 mg, 1x / day, from first symptoms to last, and as needed
- Melatonin, 10 mg, 1x / day at bedtime, from first symptoms to 30 days after illness
- Calcium Lactate, 210 mg, 2x / day, while fever persists
- Pepcid AC, 20 mg, 1x / day for 30 days from first symptoms
- Prednisone, 5 mg, 3x / day for 5 days, then 2x / day for 5 days, then 1x / day for 5 days from first lung congestion
- Cough suppressant, as needed
- Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate Dihydrate Inhalation Aerosol, 160 mcg/4.5 mcg, 2x / day for 30 days
- L-methylfolate, 1700 mcg, 1x / day, (note: 2x / day if MTHFR homozygous (A/A) C677T)
- Methylcobalamine, 1000 mcg, 1x / day, (note: 2x / day if MTHFR homozygous (A/A) C677T)
- N-Acetyle L-Cysteine, 600 mg, 1x / day, from first symptom to 60 days after
- Glutathione, 50 mg, 1x / day, for 30 days after first symptom
- Vitamin C, 1000 mg, 1x / day, for 90 days from first symptom
- Bromelain, 165 mg, 2x / day, for 90 days from first symptom
- Pre-biotic (usually a form of fruit saccharide or inulin), 1x / day, for 120 days from first symptom
- Pro-biotic, 1x / day, for 120 days from first symptom (containing most of these strains: b. clausii, l. plantarum, s. boulardii, b. bifidum, b. coagulans, l. bulgariicus, s. thermophilus, b. longum, l. rhamnosus, l. paracasei)
- Green Tea Extract, 1000 mg, 1x / day, for 30 days after first symptoms, none after 6:00pm
The Ethical Skeptic, “Our Household ‘Covid Kit’ Item Listing”; The Ethical Skeptic, WordPress, 29 Dec 2021; Web, https://theethicalskeptic.com/?p=59295