Pork-Barreling/Associative Condemnation/Stooge Posing Fallacies
We don’t need to do the Science, we ARE the Science.
Many celebrities enjoy the personal benefit from holding a public position of SSkepticism. They realizes the accrual which can be derived from intellectually chiding people in a public forum via high school levels of social taunt and humor. This method of surreptitious self aggrandizement falls on receptive ears; those whom are easy prey, comprising the immature, intellectually insecure, semi-educated and life inexperienced. The popular watering holes for the ‘superior of intellect’ amongst us regularly tender a mix of innocuous and easy mark SSkeptic propaganda topics. One recent blog I read included a post on a favorite patsy of SSkeptics, Homeopathy.** As I sit here in my studio even now and write this sentence, Phil Plait is on the Science Channel performing a fantastic job of explaining the mechanics of core collapse at the inception of a Super Nova. I will buy the idea that he represents much of science thought on this topic. But this in no way qualifies people like Mr. Plait to advise me on anything else. With regard to Homeopathy, Social Skepticism seeks to blur lines of domain, expand his attack to that which they do not personally like – leveraged off public visibility, and increased reputation in the SSkeptic Cabal. The SSkeptic’s treatment of the topic of Homeopathy is a prime example of Social Skeptic Pork-barreling, Associative Condemnation and Stooge Posing, and is a practice of Deskeption.
Now, the average SSkeptic could secretly give a flip about Homeopathy, and will usually feign an indignant stance at the very mention of the word; envisioning the brainless hordes out there ingesting sugar pills over a burning book stack of Dawkins, Sagan, and ‘On the Origin of Species.’ Indeed, I had never even heard of Homeopathy until a SSkeptic railed at me one day about its evils and the fact that is was pseudoscience. ‘Homeopathy’ to the Social Skeptic, is a course’ de rigueur – a right of passage – to which one must adhere in order to wear that merit badge garnering SSkeptic Cabal respect.
1. Context Blurring or Pork-Barreling. The first problem is imputative and direct, in that many times the word ‘Homeopathy’ is extrapolated explicitly or implicitly by the enforcing knowledge-bearer to include nutraceuticals, over the counter medicines, home remedies, vitamins, minerals, proteins and natural treatments. They avoid providing the critical information that Homeopathy involves a specific methodology of formulation through the flawed concept of ‘material essence,’ which is indeed pseudoscience. They will desire to have the listener infer that it is the constituent and the use of those constituents on the part of the ignorant, which constitutes the err in ways. This is not the case, as Homeopathy is an errant formulation methodology and not the employment of inactive or inappropriate bases. The SSkeptic will not want to stop at condemning only that specific methodology, and you will notice nor will he stop to define the difference between that methodology and accepted pharmacology. The SSkeptic keeps the context blurred for good reason. There exist both people who decry Homeopathy, who’s true intent is to restrict the rights of persons who take supplements to aid in their health, as well as people who do so haplessly. Both result in the same evil. Their vitriol and insistence that only they represent science and only they understand health, is a threat to the rights of serious and experienced persons obtaining the tools which they employ to support their own health. It is also pseudoscience, but the fact that they also practice pseudoscience methods pales in comparison to the greater sin of malicious imposition on control of one’s own personal health.
Homeopathy is not the problem, denial of access to health freedom is, restriction of beneficial information is, denial of the right to thrive is. These are the problems and they show up daily in my Medical Insurance bill, as I am denied, more and more, coverage for medical treatments which SSkeptics have declared voodoo. It was proven long ago. We do not need to do the science. We ARE the science. SSkeptics remember, bristle at an increase information – and information is a form of personal freedom. You are only authorized to know, what they want you to know. And they will smile as they let you know this – and might even wink and nudge at each other in the process. After all, people are dying of course, and this is a top SSkeptic priority.
2. Associative Condemnation. The second problem resides in SSkeptic use of the Homeopathy topic’s tactics and status of discredit as a pathway to target and condemn other topics which they do not like. Guilt through association, if one will surrender to them, the room to pull such logical chicanery. In each case, the SSkeptic reveals their first intent, which has nothing to do with Homeopathy, but all to do with promotion of a personal agenda of power, and targeting of greater and more sought after topics of disdain (the same 16 subjects all SSkeptics target, they do not vary). They call it “magical thinking.”
To the SSkeptic, magical thinking is ANY thought which resides outside of their specific religion.
Oh my god, people might even end up going to church, or thinking that their deceased loved ones might be happy. “Bad magic person, bad, bad! This has all been disproved long ago. Long ago by real scientists, and real data. We are here to give you the scientific-method established news (not the citations however).” What is ‘magical thinking?’ To the SSkeptic, magical thinking is ANY thought which resides outside of their specific religion. This is malicious thought enforcement in its purest deceptive form. You will notice the shift in context away from the valid dangers of Homeopathy as a substitute for prescriptive treatments, and quickly into the ills of ignoring “science based medicine” – coined by Steven Novella. To the Cabal this legitimate sounding term actually stands for restriction of personal freedom, enforcing only those practices authorized by the SSkeptic Cabal.
3. Stooge Posing. The third problem is that Social Skeptics use the subject of Homeopathy to bolster their record of debunking success, in an attempt to increase their credibility in and around other subjects which they dislike and seek to discredit. At one point in his career Mike Tyson was 33-0. However, at least 15 of those competitors were easy set-ups, less skilled boxers used to bolster his record. This left him susceptible to a 30 second KO at the hands of Buster Douglas. Easy kills are for lion cubs and liars. Homeopathy, useful only in pseudoscience topic bashing, offers merit badge points which increase the Cabal Member’s status and perceived gravitas. Since they do not plan to perform any actual effort at researching these additional topics, nor do they hold any position of research accordingly, they plan to rely upon critical personal peer status to realize their effortlessly attained office. Once a SSkeptic has established a peer review standing, then that SSkeptic has garnered credibility in applying such authority on other and all targeted topics in the future – a goal best accomplished with as little investigative effort as possible.
In the end it is neither about consumer health nor science at all. It is about crafting power, plain and simple. A dishonest ruse. Stooge Posing and Deskeption.
SSkeptics: “Our first job is saving lives”
They are skeptical when it is to their advantage to be a bully in the social order; but flee from their activist positions like beat dogs if the skepticism runs counter to anything supported by the Cabal. This is NOT skepticism.
“At best, belief in provably false things like homeopathy (notice the context shift here dear reader) is a colossal waste of money, and at worst belief in homeopathy can kill you. That’s why skeptics are fighting the practice of homeopathy all over the world, from the UK to Australia.” – Bad Astronomy (http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2010/05/17/british-medical-association-homeopathy-is-witchcraft/).
Yes, and SSkeptics ‘all over the world’ are all about improving the efficacy of our health information and practices. That is why they are there in the trenches supporting cutting edge research and compliance in every lab and in every pharma company (rolling eyes). That is why they are there at Monsanto in St. Louis, questioning the wisdom of genetically modifying corn and wheat without sufficient pre-study. Yes, skeptical champions of our health they are. They were out there fighting for the introduction of the PrevPack, and the eradication of H. Pylori (a1). Yes sir, right there, fighting for science and the human health the entirety of the 35 years after its proven efficacy. Yes, they are there fighting for the inclusion of Levo-triiodithyronine (T3) in the treatment of hypo-thyroid and showing the connection to Diabetes. Yes, they are there in the face of the water company execs who allow per-chlorate concentrations in our water which are damaging our endocrine systems. Yes, they are there at the forefront of science methodology being applied to food allergies, as we hit record levels of wheat allergies in US health history. They are right there in the trenches, addressing the 20:1 increases in alimentary tract cancers. and mapping out the confidence intervals on potential causation. At worst, participation with the practices of SSkeptics can kill you. You and a billion other people. But we will start saving lives with the topic of Homeopathy, no sense assailing bigger, more critical and really challenging subjects. Let’s start with small victories.
All of the maladies listed above were blocked and obfuscated by organized SSkeptic Cabal over the last 40 years. In each case immense damage has been realized through the SSkeptic Cabal’s nefarious activity and constant self focus. It is all about the appearance of being correct, and never about your and my health. The malicious part of this resides in the fact that no, SSkeptics only use the subject of Homeopathy as a prop up and easy patsy, for advancement of their own social status benefit. They then discard the merit badge carton on the ground like an emptied McDonald’s burger bag. Such a Stooge is Homeopathy.
An easy hate. An easy kill. Easy pat answers. Easy way to get notoriety in the Cabal. Homeopathy bashing is easy, like a thoughtless one-liner. But being correct, is not the same as being right. This is Deskeption, plain and simple.
**(Now, notice of course dear reader that my purpose in this blog is NOT to certify or de-bunk various subjects. On the contrary, I make no attempt to prove or dis-prove any particular topic, as my focus here is on those who pretend to represent science, and use that pretense to dictate proper thought and craft personal and club power. I may, however, agree with their positions, as is in the case of Homeopathy. But that does not mean that I agree with the pseudoscience methodology which they employ to ‘arrive’ at their conclusions)
No comments yet.
This blogsite rigorously complies with the Fair Use Act (17 U.S.C. § 107)
“Refreshing to the heart of new and weary seekers of truth alike. Some of the most compelling new philosophy of our time. If you claim to be a skeptic and have not read The Ethical Skeptic, you risk sophomoric bandwagon irrelevancy.” -TRB
“TES, I hope you realize the high quality of material you have produced here. Hopefully you will choose a world stage someday and take personal credit for it. The material is that good.” -AOD
There is a pro-science, educated, rational and resolute movement afoot. A movement of conscience on the part of people just like me. Science and Engineering professionals who apply skepticism daily in their STEMM disciplines, but who nonetheless are raising a warning flag of concern. Welcome to my blog. Within its pages, I hope to portray and teach genuine skepticism, or what is called Ethical Skepticism. Indeed, its mission is to promote the wonder of science through a contrast of authentic skeptical discipline, versus its distorted, pseudo-intellectual and socio-politically motivated counterfeit. I am a graduate level science and engineering professional who faithfully participates in man’s quest for knowledge. I lament however its imprisonment by control driven special interests and vigilante bullying from dogmatic social epistemologists such as science communicating journalists, stage magicians, agenda celebrities, psychologists and oligarch, religious and cartel activists. As you survey my blog, hopefully you will encounter things you’ve personally never considered before. Indeed, its mission is to act as a resource guide for their victims and to foster foremost a discerning perspective for us all on the Cabal of pretenders who abuse and control falsely in the name of science.
A series in parts, which defines the philosophy and outlines the tenets and structure of Ethical Skepticism
A compendium of fallacy and corrupted thought commonly employed inside Social Skepticism
The formal and informal fallacy of deceptively promoting one’s self and ideals through pretense of skepticism
It is plurality, and not the simplest explanation, which bears merit in professional research and the actual scientific method
The compulsory set of core religious beliefs misrepresented as skepticism, atheism, free thinking and science
ABOUT SOCIAL SKEPTICISM AND SSKEPTICS
Social Skepticism is a sponsored activist movement which functions as an integral part of the socially engineered mechanisms attempting to dominate human thought, health, welfare and education. This control serving as means to an end, towards subjection of all mankind’s value to mandated totalitarian institutions. Institutions which avert legal exposure by abusing skepticism to serve their goals. Ends formulated by a social elite; however, which stand threatened by innate elements of mankind’s being and background.
An ideologue driven enforcement therefore of a social epistemology crafted to obfuscate mankind’s understanding of such innate elements. Its members practice a form of vigilante bullying, employed in lieu of science to dismiss disliked subjects, persons and evidence before they can ever see the light of scientific day. Seeking to establish as irrefutable truth a core philosophy of material monism, dictating that only specific authorized life physical and energy domains exist. A comprehensive program of enforcement sought accordingly, through rather than the risk of ethical scientific methodology, instead a practice of preemptive methodical cynicism and provisional knowledge which underpins an embargo policy regarding, cultivates ignorance and institutionalizes intimidation surrounding any subject which could ostensibly serve as a pathway to falsify their power enabling illusory religion of Nihilism.
These pretenders typically have never conducted any science themselves, nor do they represent science or scientific thinking.
Social Skeptics falsely identify themselves as ‘skeptics.’ Indeed rather, SSkeptics are self or institutionally appointed Bernaysian engineering activists, posing as rational and logical subject matter authorities enforcing one specific answer in a broad array of pluralistic topics of contention, while at the same time “doubting“ all other potentialities. Far from actually practicing skepticism and abandoning the scientific method when it does not suit their embargo, SSkeptics seek to intimidate scientists and the media, enforce doctrines lacking scientific basis and imperiously pass them to the public as unassailable truth.
We Are Anonymous http://anonhq.com/
Skeptopathy Magazine http://skeptopathy.com/wp/
Hoofnagle the Science Cat https://www.facebook.com/HoofnagleScienceCat/
Debunking Skeptics http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/
Skeptical about Skeptics http://www.skepticalaboutskeptics.org/
Michael Prescott http://michaelprescott.typepad.com/michael_prescotts_blog/
Brian Martin http://www.bmartin.cc/index.html
My Socrates Note http://my-socrates-note.blogspot.com/?m=1
Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/925334447494947/
The Difference Between Ethical and Social Skepticism
Ethical Skepticism is a blend of Empirical and Philosophical Skepticism, the tenets of both of which are vetted as to their efficacy in delivering value and clarity inside man’s knowledge development process. It rejects the abuse of Cartesian Doubt as a racket of a priori simplistic predictive based knowledge, self delusion and Methodical Cynicism. Instead, Ethical Skepticism dictates a mute disposition on any topic which science has not studied or the Ethical Skeptic himself has not studied. Ethical Skepticism petitions for Ockham’s Razor plurality in research when sponsorship has shown adequate necessity, and opposes all efforts to squelch such research.
Ethical Skeptics apply skepticism as one of a set of tools employed inside a life characterized by open curiosity, discipline, observation. They continually investigate in order to ask the right question in accordance with the complete scientific method; not defend the right answer. They bear paramount, the personal and professional ethic of defending the integrity of the knowledge development process. Skepticism is a way of preparing the mind and data sets, in order to accomplish science.
Social Skepticism is false a priori deduction combined with stacked provisional induction used as a masquerade of science method in order to enforce a belief set as constituting science. It is an abuse of Cartesian Doubt as a racket of a priori, simplistic, provisional, risk-ignorant knowledge, self delusion and methodical cynicism. It seeks an embargo of certain aspects of man’s knowledge development process. It rejects Philosophical Skepticism and employs Empirical Skepticism only when its tenets support specific knowledge embargo agendas. Instead of tendering mute disposition on any topic which science has not studied, Social Skepticism corrupts science into methodical cynicism employed to to squelch such research and enforces false interpretations of scientific conclusions to support its embargo goals.
Social Skeptics wear SSkepticism as an identity, apply intimidation and doubt only to subjects they disdain, and enforce an embargo regarding any and all observations or science which might serve to undermine their Cabal authorized ontology. They eschew data collection; instead undertaking social activism and unethical activity, any means necessary to enforce the ‘right answer’ and secure the power of their sponsor institutions. Social Skeptics abuse skepticism to act in lieu of science, not as subset thereof.
- Follow The Ethical Skeptic on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- No Difference Between Fundamentalism and Pseudoscience
- Ethical Skepticism - Part 8 - The Watchers Must Also Be Watched
- No You are Not an Atheist, You are a Nihilist
- Image: The Tree of Knowledge Obfuscation
- A New Ethic
- The Tree of Knowledge Obfuscation
- Formal vs Informal Fallacy and Their Abuse
- What is Social Skepticism?
- The Five Types of Null Hypothesis Error
- And I Have Touched the Sky: The Appeal to Plenitude Error
- Formal vs Informal Fallacy and Their Abuse
- Poser Science: Proof Gaming
- Discerning Sound from Questionable Science Publication
- The Tower of Wrong: The Art of Professional Lying
- Dear Journalism Schools We Deserve Better Quality Graduates as Aspiring Science Communicators
- The Ten Indicators of Methodical Genocide
- A Word About Polls
- And I Have Touched the Sky: The Appeal to Plenitude Error
- Contrasting Deontological Intelligence with Cultivated Ignorance
- Nurturing the New Mind: The Disruptive Nature of Ethics
- The Warning Indicators of Stacked Provisional Knowledge
- The Seven Features of Great Philosophy
- Spotting the Humpty Numpty
- The Joy of Sleight-of-Hand Manipulation
- Differentiating Scientific Literacy from Social Propaganda
- How Glyphosate Practices Serve to Increase Our Diet Risk Exposure
- Lies of Which I Disabused Myself Along the Way
- Islam, Corruption and Socialism All Relate in Direct Proportion to Human Suffering
- Ethical Skepticism – Part 8 – The Watchers Must Also Be Watched
- What Corporations Do When Bankrupt of Ideas/Ethics
- The Inverse Problem and False Claims to ‘Settled Science’
- Abuse of the Dunning-Kruger Effect
- The War Against Supplements Continues to Revel in Harmful Pseudoscience
- Ethical Skepticism – Part 7 – The Unexpected Virtue of Allow-For Thinking
- Never Never Land: The Folly of Pretense Concerning Our Cerebral Injury Children
- The Skeptic’s Guide to Dismissing Public Claims of Illnesses
- Foundation Works on Ethical Skepticism
- Deception Through Abuse of the Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc Fallacy
- Major Flaws Within the Neurodiversity Movement
- When Observation Gives Way to Data-Centric Only Science We All Lose
- When a Social Skeptic Claims to be Evidence Based
- Garbage Skepticism: The Definition
- The Correlation-Causality One-Liner Can Highlight One’s Scientific Illiteracy
- Irish Pennants: The Nature of Flawed versus Sound Definitions
- The Nature of Argument
- The Ethical Skeptic’s Argument Assessment Checklist
- No Promenade in the Savage Dance
- The Kuhn-loss Interplay of Scientific Revolution and Resilience
- The Warning Signs that a Social Epistemology is at Play
- Islam Judaism and Christianity: Time to Remove and Renounce Your Holy Verses Celebrating Violence
- The Celeber Cavilla Fallacy
- Are You a Cynic? You Might be Surprised
- The Best Snake Oil is One You Don’t Even Realize is Being Peddled
- Ethical Skepticism – Part 6 – Say What You Mean and Mean What You Say
- Ten Reasons People No Longer Find Skeptics Credible
- The Seven Steps of How I Recovered my Gut Flora and My Health
- No, I Won’t Back Down
- The Dark Side of SSkepticism: The Richeliean Appeal
- On Being a Young Person Contemplating Joining a Faith
- SSkeptic Weapon Word Top 25
- The Malicious Social Lie called Privilege
- The (Ethical Skeptic) Definition of God
- Deconstructing the Rhetoric around What Constitutes Pseudoscience
- Gaming the Lexicology of Ideas through Neologism
- Popper Demarcation Practice and Malpractice
- The Art of Rhetoric
- How You Persuade Makes All the Difference
- How You Say It Makes All the Difference
- Corber’s Burden of Skepticism and The Omega Hypothesis
- The Burden of Proof (in Gumballs)
- Oh, Those Darned Narcissists
- The Five Types of Null Hypothesis Error
- Wittgenstein Error and Its Faithful Participants
- Rationality is Not What False Skeptics Portray
- The Rising Age of the Cartel: Your Freedoms Were Simply an Experiment
- A Mediocracy in 4.0: Discounting College Acceptance Aptitude Testing is a Grave Error
- Aristotle: Discerning the True Skeptic
- iSkeptic – The Three Laws (and a Fourth)
- Why Sagan is Wrong – The Fake Skeptic Detection Kit
- If the New Religiously Unaffiliated are Not Choosing Atheism, Then Just What are They?
- Diagnostic Habituation Error and Spotting Those Who Fall Its Prey
- Nihilism’s Twisting & Turing Denial of Free Will
- The Deontologically Accurate Basis of the Term: Social Skepticism
- Have You Grown Weary of This? There is a Better Path
- A New Ethic
- Why I Don’t Golf
- The Lifecycle of Fake Skepticism – What’s the Harm?
- The Tree of Knowledge Obfuscation
- An Internet Pre-filtered by Authorized Knowledge is a Mistake
- The Misrepresented and So Called ‘War on Science’
- The Ten EnDamnedments – Where the Moral Arc is Headed
- Yes Skeptics Have a PR Problem – Social Skeptics
- When Consensus is Nothing But Pluralistic Ignorance
- The Sorwert Scale of Fake Skepticism
- The Critical Role of Sponsors in the Scientific Method
- An Official ‘Thank You’ to Science Based Medicine
- No You are Not an Atheist, You are a Nihilist
- Methodical Cynicism: The Lyin’tific Method
- Methodical Cynicism: The Presentation
- Your Self is a Mere Illusion of Neurofunction
- Bad Science Being Bad
- The MiHoDeAL Claim to Knowledge
- Ethical Skepticism – Part 4 – The Panoply of Belief
- Latent Demand for Critical Thinking about Skepticism
- The Urgent Need to Reform the ABCD Seed Cartel Science Around Glyphosate
- Hell Hath No Punishment Like Watching Your Children Suffer
- The Magician’s Rush of Fake Skepticism
Site infoThe Ethical Skeptic
Blog at WordPress.com.